Vacancy For Occupational, Health and Safety Administrator At Perseus Mining Ghana Ltd
Perseus Mining is a duet listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 8Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,000oz gold
Description Of Job:
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of: Occupational, Health and Safety Administrator.
The Occupational, Health and Safety Administrator, reporting to the OHS Manager, will provide administrative and functional support of the OHS Department at Perseus (Ghana) Limited, EdikanGold Mine near Ayanfuri.
The responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:-
• Ensure site OHS Policy and other OHS information (as required) is current, displayed at key locations on site and communicated to the workforce at inductions;
• Maintain the site safety statistics and utilise for reporting to the OHS Manager and others as may be requested;
• Work with other Department Managers to capture their specific department OHS hazards,assist in the assessment of risk and identification of risk controls and document the outcomes on an ongoing basis;
• Facilitate requested Government safety visits to site and ensure relevant personnel make themselves available to the government representative
• Work with the Security Department to ensure the Visitor’s Induction and General Induction process is adhered to at all times by all personnel on site
• Conduct OHS training and enter all OHS training data into the Training Database, including Inductions, First Aid Training, Fire Extinguisher training, Site Driving Permits etc. and file attendance sheets and assessments both in hard copy and electronically
• Maintain the site safety statistics, analyse incident trends monthly and report any trends in the site monthly report
• Record incident details in the Incident Report Register and distribute the Register showing outstanding Incident Report Forms to PMGL management at least monthly
• Assist department managers in incorporating occupational health and safety into their operational health and safety into their operational activities through the use of the OHS department management tools such as Workplace Inspections and Systems Audits
• Maintain the site Chemical Register and Master MSDS file to ensure both remain current
The position is site based and the Company offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the candidates’ qualifications and experience.
Qualification Required & Experience:
The successful applicant must possess Degree/Diploma in OHS or its equivalent, Valid Ghanaian License, 5 years’ with at least 3 years previous experience in similar role on an operating mine site and an understanding of Safety Management Systems
How To Apply For The Job:
Interested qualified applicants should submit one MSWord document only which includes a cover letter, detailed CV of his/her qualifications and work history and the names of at least 3 referees. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will only be received by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Occupational, Health and Safety Administrator in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 03 September, 2012